• 218 Main Street, Kirkland, Washington, USA
  • 425 242 5357


Woman Owned

First In

Client Satisfaction

Leading Broker

Personal & Business

Vacant Building

First in Protecting, Your Vacant Property.

Business investors, landlords and other owners of residential and commercial property often find their investments unoccupied during tenant or ownership transitions or even renovation. First Underwriters has many insurance carriers that specialize in vacant property insurance products, offering coverage for unoccupied homes and commercial buildings. Owners can purchase property insurance limits up to $5 million and general liability limits up to $1 million, on a stand-alone basis. Should the occupancy of the property change during the policy term, property coverage can easily be converted to a rental dwelling policy.

The vacant property policy is insured by a respected “A” rated carrier, serviced by our team of experts and available with no premium commitment. We also offer competitive compensation to retail agents and brokers.


  • Quote and issue policies online
  • Standard 12-month policy term, with short-term policies available
  • Vacant structure policy can easily be converted to a rental dwelling policy
  • One policy for multiple residential properties when located in the same state and requiring the same occupancy coverage need
  • Wind coverage is not a standard coverage option, but may be available in select areas for an additional charge
  • Basic Form including vandalism
  • Special Form including theft and excluding theft
  • Premium installment payments available
  • Offered on an admitted basis in most states
  • Direct bill to customers, with optional credit card or electronic check payment method


  • Residential dwellings and commercial buildings that are completely vacant
  • All protection classes, when a fire station is located within six miles
  • Structures undergoing repairs, remodeling, or renovations at 15 percent or less than the total completed value or purchase price
  • Structures must have a value of at least $25 per square foot
  • Mobile homes anchored or on a permanent foundation
  • Individual condominiums or townhouse units
  • No more than two losses in the past three years


Nationwide except in Alaska and Hawaii

Our team is available at (888) 58URFIRST should you need assistance in the application process or have questions about this product.