Safety Training Resources
First Underwriters, Inc. is committed to helping our customers build and maintain safe work environments for their employees. We have partnered with Midlands to provide Safety Source Training and Webnet Online Safety Training.
SAFETY SOURCE Video On Demand library is an online library and has over 700 training titles. This training tool can be used for individual training or used in a classs room and/or safety meeting setting. To proceed to this tool please email email@example.com.
Webnet is an online training resource with 70+ training modules. This resource is designed to train individuals in specific safety topics. Post completion of the course, the participant is given a short test and upon passing a certificate of completion can be printed. To proceed to this tool please email firstname.lastname@example.org for username and password.
OSHA’s Top 10 Citations
Curious what the most frequent OSHA citations are?
Here are top 10 citations from 2014 and links to more details on each applicable regulation:
- Fall protection, construction (29 CFR 1926.501)
- Hazard communication standard, general industry (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction (29 CFR 1926.451)
- Respiratory protection, general industry (29 CFR 1910.134)
- Powered industrial trucks, general industry (29 CFR 1910.178)
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry (29 CFR 1910.147)
- Ladders, construction (29 CFR 1926.1053)
- Electrical, wiring methods, components and equipment, general industry (29 CFR 1910.305)
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.212)
- Electrical systems design, general requirements, general industry (29 CFR 1910.303)
A SOLID WORKPLACE SAFETY PROGRAM CAN HELP EMPLOYERS:
Protect your employees’ well-being
Lower your workers’ compensation costs
Reduce the costs associated with
Maintain productivity by keeping experienced
workers on the job
STEER CLEAR OF MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
Motor vehicle accidents are consistently the leading causes of workplace fatalities across industries. Whether you have one employee who occasionally travels on company business or a fleet of 100 commercial vehicles, your employees are at risk. Implement a strategic plan for Safety Training within your organization and always review with your employees:
- Seat belt Use
- Distracted Driving
- Driver Fatigue
- Defensive Driving
Our goal is to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace for your employees and guests, while helping you reduce your costs associated with potential losses.
- Technical loss control evaluations and analysis of your operations, focusing on the identification of your safety exposures, hazards & controls.
- Recommendations for corrective action to assist you in establishing safety programs to control your operational hazards.
- Evaluation & analysis of your incident and injury loss history to identify weaknesses in your systems that may have caused the losses.
- Assistance in the development & implementation of Effective Safety and Health Programs designed to control operational exposures and hazards, and create a safer workplace.
- Assistance in Job Hazard Analysis so you may continue to identify existing and potential safety and health work-place hazards.
- Assistance with Incident Investigation Programs to determine the causes of incidents and injuries so that future losses can be prevented.
- Assistance in developing an effective strategy for a Return To Work Program for your employees.
- Assistance in the development of Property Conservation Programs designed to reduce or eliminate the potential for loss to life or property from fire on your premises.
- Accident Investigation Training English (PDF)
- Accident Investigation Training Spanish (PDF)
- Aging and Driving Safety Training Spanish (PDF)
- Aging and Driving Safety Training English (PDF)
- Aging in the Workplace English (PDF)
- Agricultural Hand Signal Safety Training English (PDF)
- Agricultural Hand Signal Safety Training Spanish (PDF)
- Agricultural Machinery Safety English (PDF)
- Back Injury Prevention In the Health Care Industry English (PDF)
- Distracted driving sample policy (PDF)
- Electrical safety (PDF)
- Emergency action plan jobsite (PDF)
- Emergency action plan office (PDF)
- Emergency response plan (PDF)
- Ergonomics checklist (PDF)
- Excavating (PDF)
- Eye injuries (PDF)
- Fall arrest equip inspect (PDF)
- First Aid for Burns English (PDF)
- First Aid for Burns Spanish (PDF)
- First Aid for Severe Bleeding English (PDF)
- First Aid for Severe Bleeding Spanish (PDF)
- Footwear Safety Factsheet Spanish (PDF)
- Footwear Safety Factsheet English (PDF)
- Fork lift inspection (PDF)
- Heat Related Injury and Illnesses Prevention (PDF)
- Inspection guidelines 1 (PDF)
- Inspection report (PDF)
- Ladder Safety 5 Minute Training English (PDF)
- Ladder Safety 5 Minute Training Spanish (PDF)
- Lifting Safely 5 Minute Training Spanish (PDF)
- Lifting Safety Take 5 Training English (PDF)
- Lockout Tagout Checklist (PDF)
- Osha 300 (PDF)
- Osha 300A Summary of Work Related Injuries (PDF)
- Osha 301 (PDF)
- Self Inspection Checklists (PDF)