First in Protecting, Your Restaurant.
Owning a business is among the most visible representations that you have achieved and are realizing The American Dream. Hard work is paying off and you have every right to be proud of your accomplishments.
As a restaurant owner you have very important decisions to make. Your plate’s full and you probably don’t have time to get everything done.That’s where First Underwriters comes in. We’re here to help you overcome those challenges of—managing people, operations, finance and administration, service and, of course, growth. As restaurant insurance experts, we understand the importance of planning for a solid future. We’re experienced in helping restaurant owners prepare for the unexpected and creating customized insurance plans designed just for them.
As a restaurant owner or manager, you know better than most that kitchens can be hazardous places. Things don’t always go according to plan. Accidents happen, in and out of the kitchen, and when they do, your business, your income, the income of your employees—and sometimes even your reputation—are at stake.
To get you the best insurance at the right price, the First Underwriters Restaurant insurance experts learn about you, your restaurant, your people, and your specific risks and exposures. We then create the best restaurant insurance program possible, using one or more of our dozens of top-rated insurance company partners.
Coverages we look at include:
- Property, offering protection for your leased or owned building or buildings, employees’ personal property, off-premises property and more.
- Liability, addressing costs associated with bodily injury, medical payments and property damage resulting from on-site mishaps and goods sold, and a lot more.
- Auto, which covers your vehicles, as well as judgements and other expenses when someone else is injured or their property is damaged as a result of your firm’s operation of a vehicle.
- Food spoilage, covering loss of perishable stock caused by temperature or humidity changes brought by certain mechanical breakdown or failure, contamination by refrigerants and power outages beyond your control.
- Food contamination, which pays for equipment cleaning, food replacement, certain medical expenses, loss of income, and advertising expenses related to a government-mandated, contamination-related shutdown.
- Workers comp, covering your statutory liability to pay for workplace injury-related medical expenses and rehab costs, lost income or wages, death benefits and more.
- Business income, which pays for salaries, rent and other expenses that continue even when the restaurant is closed as a result of a covered loss.
- Equipment breakdown, covering physical damage to refrigerators, ovens, heaters, air conditioners, cash registers, audio systems and other equipment from covered losses due to mechanical breakdown, operator error, short circuits, power surges and more.
- Liquor liability, which covers attorney fees, settlements, judgments, damages and other expenses resulting from a covered alcohol-related event.
- Others protections, such as employment practices liability, cyber liability, excess or umbrella liability, fire extinguisher system expense, delivery errors and omissions, employee dishonesty, life insurance and more.
Our restaurant insurance policies address the unexpected so you can focus on growing your restaurant. After all, when you succeed, we succeed.
Apply Now by completing the form below and get the First Underwriters confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-888-58URFIRST and speak with a First Underwriters professional, Monday thru Friday from 8am-5pm PT.
Please select state specific forms when applicable.
- Amusement Park Supplemental Application
- Animal Tracks Supplemental Application
- Convention Center Supplemental Application
- Family Entertainment Centers (FEC) Supplemental Application
- Paintball Field Operator Safety Guidelines
- Paintball Supplemental Application
- Zipline Supplemental Application
- California Community Service Statement
- Massachusetts Residential Property & Liability Liquid Fuel Spill Supplemental
- Oklahoma Fire Application Addendum
- Winter Weather Freeze-Up Protection Supplemental
Documents Required for Proposal
- Completed and signed/dated Supplemental application
- Completed ACORD applications (for all coverages requested except General Liability)
- Currently valued insurance company loss runs for the current policy period plus 4 prior years
- Website information, brochures, and photos
- Latest financial statement
- Copy of safety rules
- Copies of waivers and releases where required
- Copies of contracts and certificates of insurance between insured and facility owners, if applicable
- Copy of contracts with all sub-contracted entities
- Business plan and resume of owners if new venture
Useful information for making restaurants profitable.
- For helpful information on tax issues related to the Restaurant Industry see Tax info for Restaurants (IRS)
- For help understanding Social Security Tax and Medicare see Social Security Admin.
- Federal Unemployment Tax info can be found here Department of Labor.
- National Restaurant Association
- Links to your State Restaurant Association (CSRA)
About your restaurant online: