First in Protecting ,You and Your Passengers.
Taxi insurance is specialized because as a taxi driver, you become explicitly responsible for the safety of passengers. It is important to get commercial taxi insurance that covers your vehicle against damage and theft, as well personal injury to you and your customers. Taxi cab insurance should also include a business interruption policy, because if your car is the only way that you earn money, and it breaks down, your income is at stake.
There are several requirements you have to meet to purchase a taxi insurance policy. You must be aged between 25 and 65, and you cannot have any convictions for vehicular manslaughter, possession of weapons or drug and alcohol problems. If you are eligible for taxicab insurance, there are various ways you can find savings and get discounts to make your coverage more affordable. An agent in the Trusted Choice® network specializing in commercial auto insurance can help you compare taxi insurance quotes and make sure you get the right coverage for your needs.
Contact one our brokers for quotes and assistance today.
Commercial Taxi Insurance Discounts
When you look for online taxi insurance quotes, you may not see all of the available discounts. The price of your taxi insurance premium will vary depending on driving experience, personal circumstances and any extra coverage you need. Here are five questions you should think about that might help you lower your premiums:
- Have you owned a commercial auto in the past? Some taxi insurance companies will consider your experience using a business vehicle and offer you a discount on your premium.
- Are you a home owner? Taxi insurance companies may offer you a considerable discount if you own a house. Premiums are calculated on the risk you present to the insurers; the more reliable you are the less of a risk you will be to insure.
- Are you married? Married drivers can get cheaper taxi insurance for the same reason as home owners – they are statistically more responsible behind the wheel. Any detail that reduces your risk is worth disclosing to taxi insurance companies.
- Do you work as an executive driver or chauffeur? These are lower cost alternatives to driving a taxi. You will find that taxi cab insurance is more expensive than other commercial car insurance. Becoming an executive driver may be a viable alternative for you.
- Can you adjust the amount of commercial taxicab insurance you buy?Additional extras can easily add up. Just make sure you consider how much taxi insurance coverage you need to cover the risks you face.
If you are unsure about the amount of taxi insurance you need, talk with a local Trusted Choice member agent about your options. Our Taxi Insurance brokers can support all of your business insurance needs from one central office.
Can You Use Your Personal Car as aTaxi?
Yes, you can use your own car or van and become licensed as a taxi driver. If you own a vehicle that you want to use as a taxicab, there are a few things you need to do to make it official. Here are some tips:
- Check to make sure it is rust-free and in good condition
- Visit the DMV and apply for a local taxi license
- Find the right taxi insurance for your new business
- Promote yourself locally and attract repeat customers
Of course, to be a legitimate business that is safe from major financial trouble due to liability lawsuits or personal injury claims, you must have taxi insurance. Finding the right policy that covers your risks and aligns with your budget can be tricky, so make sure you contact a local Trusted Choice member agent for assistance.