First in Protecting, Your Future.
First Underwriters is looking for dedicated and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
We currently have the following positions available:
- Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Personal Lines Account Manager
First Underwriters, Inc. offer a rewarding experience to those individuals who are dedicated to continually learning and developing their skills in not only their position but in the industry as well. For over 26 years, our founders Kathryn and Michael Oskouian have been providing risk management consulting services and insurance solutions to the small business owners in a variety of industries. Our unwavering dedication to the small and medium businesses is backed by our employees’ eagerness to understand the needs of our customers and our commitment to keeping them safe.
With the depth of products and services First Underwriters offers, we are confident that our insureds will have the coverage they need to keep their businesses safe. However, to become the premier solutions provider, we believe it starts with our employees. We understand that our industry and market segment are constantly evolving, so we encourage our employees to engage in continuous learning. We are members of various insurance societies and associations and we are proud of our employees’ involvement each year. Our staff is endlessly dedicated to being the most knowledgeable resource for our insureds, regardless of the question.
Aside from our commitment to our industries, First Underwriters is also dedicated to helping our local communities. We have a longstanding relationship with the United Way of King County. We participate in the annual “United Way Day of Caring” and each year we have a campaign kick-off breakfast and various activities to start the fundraising year.
- Medical (including Rx and vision) – First Underwriters offers employees a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with attached health savings account (HSA). The company contributes up to 45% of the deductible into the HSA and the employee can contribute additional funds up to the IRS limit. First Underwriters strive to keep employee paid portions of the medical premiums reasonable and stable while providing the best coverage possible. Vision coverage is included with the medical coverage.
- Dental – First Underwriters offers dental insurance with employer contribution towards the premium.
- Short Term Disability – First Underwriters offers a generous employer paid short-term disability program to all employees. The benefit varies based on the employee’s length of service, and runs concurrently with the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Long Term Disability – First Underwriters offers 100% employer paid premiums for long-term disability insurance.
- AFLAC – First Underwriters offers several voluntary insurance plans through AFLAC. These plans are paid fully by the employee but administered by the company. Rates vary by age, coverage, and income.
Defined Contribution Plan-401(k) – Employees are automatically enrolled in the plan immediately upon hire. Employees may contribute up to 50% on either a pre-tax or Roth 401(k) after-tax basis (or a combination of both) up to IRS maximums. Employer match contributions are 100% vested immediately under the Safe Harbor provisions of the plan.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – New employees are given a bank of PTO days based on date of hire to use after 60 days of employment. PTO days increase with length of service up to a maximum of 35 days per year.
Holidays – First Underwriters offer 6 paid holidays.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical/dental/vision/Rx) – First Underwriters offers two pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) arrangements for employees. For those employees enrolled in the company (or other) HDHP medical plan we offer a Limited Flex Spending Account for unreimbursed dental and vision expenses only. For employees covered under a plan that is not an HDHP (e.g. a spouse’s PPO Plan) we offer a full medical Flexible Spending Account for all unreimbursed medical expenses (deductibles, copays, Rx, dental and vision).
- Flexible Spending Account-Dependent Day Care – First Underwriters offers a pre-tax savings plan to be used for costs associated with dependent child care.
- Employee Assistance Program – First Underwriters offers access to confidential counseling on a wide variety of issues through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Employee Referral Program – First Underwriters will pay an employee $500 if we hire a person they have referred and the new hire successfully completes 6 months of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement – First Underwriters offers up to $1,000 per calendar year for reimbursement of expenses incurred (excluding books) in the pursuit of higher education. Programs must be at an accredited school and business related. They may be undergraduate or graduate level.
- Industry related courses – First Underwriters will pay 100% for employees to further their insurance related education, either in the form of workshops and seminars or in the pursuit of formal industry designations such as Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter or Certified Insurance Counselor and alike.
- Business related training – First Underwriters pays 100% for other business related training courses, including computer training online.