First in Protecting, Your Business.
First Underwriters specialty and focus is businesses. We understand their coverage needs best and can provide a solution at an affordable price. Our extensive list of insurance providers allows our clients to select the coverage they need to protect their business assets and have peace of mind. We have access to every product that a business would need to be protected.
Building your business from the ground up wasn’t easy. But protecting it from harm should be – and that’s where First Underwriters steps in.
We offer a comprehensive line of liability insurance products designed specifically to protect you against the risks and exposures you face on an everyday basis. Our professional agents will work closely with you to tailor an insurance policy that fits your company’s unique needs and objectives. In the event of a claim or lawsuit, you will be supported by an efficient, responsive team that will be right there to answer your questions and help resolve issues quickly. Secure your business today with First Underwriters.
Business Insurance Products:
- Commercial Property
- General Liability
- Small Business Package
- Workers Compensation
- Farm and Ranch
- Inland Marine
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial Umbrella
Apply Now by completing the form below and get the First Underwriters confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-888-58URFIRST and speak with a First Underwriters professional, Monday thru Friday from 8am-5pm PT.
A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) bundles the coverages most business owners need, including business interruption insurance, property insurance, liability insurance, and crime insurance. Based on your company’s specific needs, you can alter what is included. Typically, a business owner will save money by choosing a BOP over purchasing individual coverages.
Our BOP will provide you with comprehensive coverage for your building and/or business property, business income coverage, and comprehensive general liability coverage, all of which can grow with your needs.
Extensive optional coverage is also available, including Equipment Breakdown or Non-Owned and Hired automobile coverages. These are options that your independent agent may recommend.
The Commercial Package Policy (CPP) provides tailored and flexible products that can include coverage for property, liability, crime and valuables when you need customized and optional coverages with variable limits.
CPP can include:
- Commercial Property Insurance — Provides protection for your building and its contents from fire, vandalism, theft or smoke damage. You may also want to consider business interruption/loss of earning coverage to protect your earnings if your business is unable to resume normal activities as a result of a covered loss.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance — Provides your company with liability protection for you, your employees or your products and services. Protection includes coverage for both your legal liability and defense costs associated with defending you against claims.
- Commercial Crime Insurance — Provides protection against theft of business property and money. Coverage can also extend to include protection against employee theft.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance — Provides protection for electrical, air conditioning, refrigeration, boiler/pressure vessel and communication equipment from physical damage caused by mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns. This provides your business with protection should equipment breakdown affect your operations.
- Business Income and Extra Expense Insurance — Provides protection for loss of business income sustained up to 12 months due to a covered loss. Coverage can also be extended to provide coverage for food contamination. Extra Expense coverage provides for additional expenses incurred to reduce the length of your business’s interruption or to enable your business to continue some operations despite your losses. This insurance can help restore your business to the financial position you would have been in had no loss occurred.
- Electronic Data and Interruption of Computer Operations Insurance — Provides protection if your business stores sensitive or non-public information about employees or clients on their computers, servers or in paper files and a data breach occurs either electronically or from a paper file.
- Commercial Inland Marine — Provides protection for property away from premises, including offsite equipment, valuables, property that is in transit, or valuables that require separate insurance, such as valuable papers, camera floaters, customer goods, tool floaters, fine arts, and musical instruments.
Commercial Auto insurance protects your business against claims for legal liability should one of your vehicles be involved in an accident. Protection can be extended to provide coverage for damages to those vehicles that you own or are operated by your business. With Commercial Auto insurance, you can protect your vehicles that carry employees, products or equipment. Optional additional Commercial Auto coverage can include:
- Drive other car coverage
- Hired and non-owned auto
- Spousal liability
- Rental reimbursement coverage
- Inland Marine
Annually in the U.S., hundreds of verdicts in excess of $1 million are awarded. A Commercial Umbrella Policy can provide you with an additional layer of protection, beyond what your regular policies cover. Generally, it is sold in increments of $1 million and is used only when liability on other policies has been exhausted. First Underwriters is able to provide limits into the millions over your primary policy (Commercial General Liability, Commercial Auto, or Employer’s Liability).
Workers’ Compensation Insurance provides insurance to employees who are injured on the job. This type of insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to those who are injured while working. In exchange for these benefits, the employee gives up his rights to sue his employer for the incident. State laws will vary, but all require you to have workers’ compensation if you have W-2 employees.
This type of insurance provides coverage for both damages and legal costs associated with claims for failure to or improperly rendering professional services. Your general liability policy does not provide this protection, so it is important to understand the difference. Professional liability insurance is applicable for any professional firm including lawyers, accountants, consultants, notaries, real estate agents, insurance agents, hair salons and technology providers, to name a few. If you require a license to perform your job, you may require Professional Liability Insurance.
A variety of add-ons are available through Preferred Mutual, depending on your business needs. These can include:
- Accounts receivable
- Broadened premises
- Business income from dependent properties
- Business personal property
- Debris removal
- Employee dishonesty
- Extended business income
- Fine arts coverage
- Fire department service charge
- Fire equipment
- Forgery or alteration
- Host liquor
- Identity fraud expense coverage
- Inland Marine
- Laptop computers
- Lock/key replacement
- Money orders and counterfeit money
- Newly acquired or constructed property
- Ordinance or law coverage
- Outdoor property
- Outdoor signs
- Personal effects and property of others
- Pollutant cleanup and removal
- Sewer, drain or sump backup or overflow
- Spoilage/food contamination
- Utility services — direct damage and time element
- Valuable papers and records